From an amateur to a professional: how to develop in poker
Poker has already firmly entered the sphere of not only entertainment, but also serious intellectual activities. There is no denying that the card game also has almost all the characteristics of a real sport. And to become a professional in this lesson, you need to train a lot and hard, learn the nuances of strategy, as well as gain experience. In the process of becoming a poker player, every player goes through several stages, which we will consider.
There are six main levels in total.
- An amateur. This is the initial stage that every novice poker player is at. In most cases, such a representative poorly understands even the combinations, not to mention the features of the strategy. At this level, those who make up the mass of players are usually placed. They believe that poker exclusively depends on luck, and you only need to know the seniority of the combinations. Only few people who continue to develop every day move on.
- Going to the regulars. This is a higher level, but the understanding of the nuances here still suffers. The main characteristic feature: the understanding that you can earn real money with poker , but this is only a hobby. With such an attitude to the game, a person does not seek to study mathematics, the concept of variance and other points. It depends on the performance of tournaments. But on the way to a professional, it is important at this moment to understand that poker is the same job as the rest.
- Grinder or regular. At this level, the poker player is more confident and already knows about the above concepts. Experience has led to the development of a certain strategy, which in a familiar situation, is a winning one. A minimal analysis of competitors and behavior changes depending on the output can be carried out. The dependence on short-term results decreases, and the profit grows significantly.
- Strategist. This stage is characterized by the fact that the player relies entirely on statistical data. He studies opponents, concludes, acts. This works well at low limits, where opponents make typical mistakes without analyzing them. To further improve the situation, it is necessary to move on.
- Working on the game. One of the most important steps of a poker player. Once here, the path to the professional title is open. At this stage, you will conduct a deep analysis of the situation, calculate the possibilities of action. The accumulated experience and gained knowledge will help in this. Accordingly, it is impossible to get here right away. It is mandatory to work with various programs, as well as to improve psychological skills.
- Ace of poker. This is a person who has passed all the listed steps, and other poker players have recognized his skill. He is distinguished by showing flexibility, recognizing this or that situation, and choosing the right strategy. These people are playing against the same professionals.